''INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP ON KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER''
“Knowledge Fusion in the 4th Industrial
4th& 5th December 2018
RHR Hotel @ UNITEN, Kajang, Selangor
The National Knowledge Transfer Committee in collaboration with the DRB-HICOM University of Automotive Malaysia (DHU) and Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) is organizing the ICWKT’18 on 4th & 5th December 2018. It follows successful events in the national and international series of conferences held since 2013.
This conference will provide a platform for academia, researchers, students, industry/community representatives, corporate leaders, governmental and non-governmental representatives from Malaysia and foreign country to discuss/deliberate/exchange ideas/networking and sharing knowledge on the spirit of knowledge transfer and related development of research findings in related studies. This conference also provides an avenue for university and industry/community in order to widen their respective networks and identify areas of collaboration that can be implemented, especially in the field of research for mutual benefits.
Papers Submission and Publication
Abstract & Paper Submission
An abstract in English should be submitted at the conference website www.ckt.usm.my before 19th October 2018 (extended deadline). Instruction for abstract and paper format can be obtained from the website. All submitted papers will go through a double blind peer review process by two to three competent reviewers.
The participant(s) need to bring a poster to present in the ICWKT’18 poster session. All posters must be displayed at the conference. Poster presentations are to be reviewed by judges at the event.
ICWKT’18 Poster Guidelines
- Include a MoE logo, KTP logo, University logo and industry/community logo at the top of the poster.
- Include title (no longer than 10 words, font size 120), project leader, co-academia (s), industry/community partner and graduate intern (Font size 70).
- Include objectives, methods and outcome/impact with suitable pictures. No longer than 150 words. (Font size 80)
- Use graphics: charts, pictures, and tables.
- Organize the presentation so that it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory.
- Poster size is 32" x 72"
- Pull up streamer
All accepted papers at ICWKT’18 conference are reviewed and will be published in the ICWKT’18 conference e-proceeding with an e-ISBN number: 978-967-394-X-X.
Upon acceptance by the reviewers and editors, paper submitted for journals will be published in Scopus indexed journals.
Mode of Presentation
1. Oral Presentation (10 Minutes + 5 Minutes Q&A)
2. Poster Presentation (10 Minutes + 5 Minutes Q&A)
Abstract submission: 19th October 2018(extended deadline)
Full paper submission: 15th November 2018(extended deadline)
WORKSHOP #1: DESIGN THINKING FUNDAMENTALS
The workshop which is limited to 30 participants will introduce the fundamentals of design thinking. The basic elements of the problem-solving approach will be explored through hands-on learning. Using the principle of ‘Learning by Doing’, this four-hour session will be of high energy and interactive. Participants will be challenged to work in pairs on a real problem and apply the Design Thinking tools to develop a product.
- Why Design Thinking?
- Empathy; Persona
- Define: Verbing Technique and P.O.V.
- Ideation: Brain-dump
- Prototyping: Rapidly Develop Creative Prototypes to Tackle Challenges
- Testing: Sustainable Business Models,
WORKSHOP #2 – SERVICE DESIGN THINKING
The workshop is limited to 30 participants, and will be highly practical. In this four-hour, the participants will learn about the service design process, methods, and tools by working on a project in a small team, with short periods of reflection on the theory behind contemporary service innovation methods.
- Introduction to Service Design
- Customer Journey Mapping,
- Service Blueprinting,
- Service Prototyping
- Business Model Canvas for Service